Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Tempest: Performance Day!

Performance day was finally here! The hallway became our hair and makeup station: And all the kids "transformed" fabulously! :




Tiara was busy keeping everyone in line ....


Well, almost everyone.... :)

Our Shakespeareans waited anxiously


as the crowds began to fill in:


One final check of the sound and lights.....

AND IT WAS SHOWTIME!!!


(you'll have to forgive that I didn't get as many pictures of the performance as I would have liked...I was busy running sound and music! I saw most of you with your cameras, but just in case--there will be more photos taken during our Whitney and Whitier Elementary performances!)
-------------------



"We split! We split!" ....


Caliban makes an entrance...


The goddesses pronouncing their marriage blessing....



Prospero ends the play....



Curtain call.....
Everyone takes a bow....
And here--in my opinion--is the finest cast of "The Tempest" ever assembled!....

Thank you so much again for letting us work with your children for the last six weeks. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we have all learned as much as we've taught....and had a lot of fun along the way!...

Now....we can't wait to put our show on the road! The traveling performance schedule is on the blog sidebar. These performances will occupy time during the normal school day.
*Lowell Students/ Parents: PLEASE keep helping your child practice their lines over the next few days. We want our show to be as good for the other schools as it was at Lowell!
*BSU students: I will be taking cast and group photos during our next shows. After I have them I will compile a photo CD of our practices and performances (including a lot of shots that aren't on the blog) for all those interested. Let me know if you want one!






No comments:

Post a Comment